Wednesday, July 21, 2010

GOING GREEN.  Our last few batches of plywood which we use for making handcarts, frames, puzzles, etc. we used a water based finish.  I can't believe how much easier the cleanup is and the smell is not even there.  So glad we made the switch.  And, you know, it is actually a better finish than what were were using previously.  Below is a photo of my boys' eagle boxes with the 2 different types of finish.  There is a slight different with one kind being more white.  But with either one they are beautiful.  GO GREEN!
  Also note, on these eagle boxes there is a new look.  They are now all self contained.  I no longer have to put the hinges on them.  Yeah!  These boxes would be great for almost any kind of keepsake box.  I have some ideas coming up, so I will keep you posted.

No comments: